Saturday, September 18, 2010

Quiting

I have recently overcame (or at least getting better at) not quiting everything I start. For as long as I can remember I would always quit anything I started. I never stuck with softball, learning to play the guitar, cheer leading and even high school. Heck, I've even quit typing this blog twice already! But quiting when something gets hard is no way to live. Now my son whats to learn the guitar and I can't teach him. Trying to get back in shape is alot harder not ever being very athletic. And going back to college is a lot harder never having finished the 11Th or 12Th grade. But with help from my husband and best friend I am learning to be a finisher. I have started jogging and lost 15 pounds already and am now in my 3rd semester of school. It's definitely not easy, my past tries to talk me out of doing homework telling me I'm not smart enough to know the slope of a line with points (2,6). Or my flesh lies to me saying you'll do pilates after the kids go to school you don't have to get up at 5am to run! But this time I am determined not to be a quitter. (Please note Martha I said nothing about not being a whiner or complainer) Just remember quiting is easy finishing is rewarding and humbling. You can do ALL things through Christ who gives you strength! Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so great and I'm so proud of you, even when I have to talk you into doing something that I know you would rather not :)

    ReplyDelete