Monday, June 14, 2010

Tattling Telling

My kids are at that age where tattling is it seems the only thing that they want to tell me anymore. Mykenzie just the other night came in and informed me after she had slready been told to go get ready for bed that "brother's not brushing his teeth!". So I ask her "have you brushed your teeth?" of course the answer is "No, but brother hasn't brushed his teeth either!". Drew on the other hand is more into the "Mom this is how I would handle Mykenzie" stage. Yes he does tattle on her but then precedes to tell me what I should do to take care of the situation. That's when I tell him to put his 2 cents back in his piggy bank because I don't need them. And as cute and funny as it may sound I am realizing that as adults we still have the same elementary behavior. Now let me say that I am in no way calling anyone out or picky on anyone. I have noticed this in my own life so if it hits home with you too I am sorry. But after having observed this in my kids I see now that it doesn't change with age, if anything it gets worse because you're older and should know better.(Again talking to myself) But for us adults it's not called tattling anymore it's just gossip. "Have you heard what so and so is doing?" or the popular "I would never have done it that way." I am proud to say that I have matured past this to a certain extent but then I hear this past weekends sermon on "Crossing Borders" and I have to repent again. I am happy we serve a God that will gently point out your weakness and help you to overcome it even if it is something He has dealt with you about before. Putting your nose where it doesn't belong can really cause a lot of stress and strife in relationships. And if you think discussing these things with your spouse is a free pass, you're wrong. If we would all just stick with fixing our own problems and not others it would be a more peaceful place. So let's hold each other accountable and if we hear someone crossing borders let's tell them to put their 2 cents back in their piggy banks because we don't need them!

1 comment: