Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cutest couple at Target

I went to Target today with Dude and in line in front of us was the cutest older couple. They were probably in their 70s, well at least the husband was, the wife might have been in her 60s. The gentleman had their grocery cart tipped over to where it was seating on the front of the buggy. He was testing out the back wheels, spinning them one at a time. First he would spin one side then the other. The wife was lightly slapping him on the arm saying "Floyd, what are you doing?" (I don't know if that was really what she was calling him but it makes a great little old man name) He continued to spin the wheels intently examining them and mumbling to himself. I think he was saying there was something wrong with them. It was very sweet how the little old lady was with him. She had a look on her face that said "Oh he does this sort of thing all the time" and she simply laughed his behavior off. As we were leaving the store we walked past them again and Floyd was explaining to the young kid, bringing in the carts, what was wrong with the one he had been using. I made eye contact with the wife and she had the warmest smile. I could see how happy she was not, embarrassed at all. It was probably just another wonderful day in their marriage and I feel privileged that I got to share it with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment