Sunday, January 23, 2011

I am a big loser!

I know what you're thinking, "don't call yourself that it isn't nice". But it is true, I am a loser! I have lost 28 pounds!! When I started this journey I weighed 169 pounds. I know most women don't reveal their weight but I am so proud of myself that I just don't care who knows. I went from a size 14 to an 8 and with that big of a difference I get asked alot "What are you doing?" Most people who ask I think are hoping I can tell them some top secret trick like I took a pill or special diet shake but my secret really isn't such a big secret at all and I will let you in on it right here........ready..........I ate less and worked out more! So simple right? Believe me some days it was but then others it was the hardest thing I have done lately. ( Not ever because let's face it I have had 2 kids and that ain't easy!) I have been at the weight lose for almost a year and I am still not at my goal weight. (I would like to lose another 6 pounds) When I started it was only a 20 minute work out with my VBF, just jogging/walking (mainly walking) at 5:15 in the A.M.!! As our strength and endurance grew so did our work out and we added a buddy to the group. We worked our way up to running the whole work out but then it turned to cold to workout outside. So we started going to the gym at TCC but that meant losing our very encouraging 3rd runner. But Martha and I went anyways now at 6:30 am which is so much easier! If you are looking to get in shape maybe lose a few pounds stop looking for a quick fix and get ready to work hard. Watch your calorie intake, a great website for this is myfitnesspal.com, and start with a simple 20 minutes a day till you get stronger. I have a new lifestyle now and it is better than any diet every could be!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you girl! Also good job not giving away our real secrets ;)

    ReplyDelete