Sunday, July 3, 2011

Coffeehouse

I am nervous to post this one but I'm trying to learn to jump in scared or not. I wrote this last Friday and as I'm sure you can tell I was feeling sorry for myself. And I'm also sure people can relate to that feeling.



Coffeehouse

There she was
Adorable in her dress and cowboy boots
Belting out my favorite Taylor Swift song
Strumming her guitar you could tell how seriously she took her talent
I'm unsure of her name, all I could see is that it wasn't me
I had forgotten that dream until I heard her
She had the courage to pursue that path
And with the amount of family in that coffeehouse she also had the support
Two things I never could find
As I sat and listened to her it brought tears to my eyes
At 16 I found myself in a cappuccino and knew the plan
At 31 I lost that girl in an iced mocha latte and walked away empty

1 comment: